Saturday, December 1, 2007

Meg and Bryan are in the NL now, too

I woke up early today to get out to the airport to meet Meg and Bryan. Their flight arrived around 7am. We first stopped off at Amsterdam to drop Meg off at our apartment building. She is staying in the same building as me, but the apartment above me. Then, I went with Bryan to Rotterdam to meet up with a girl from our office that had the keys to Bryan's place. All went very smoothly... I was back home by about 2pm. I slept off and on most of the afternoon.

Matt and I tried out the internet phone calling today, but I think my headset is crappy because it kept muting on me and wouldn't un-mute until we ended the call and started a new one. Totally sucks! I'm going to buy a new headset and see if that helps. Hope so, because it would save SO much money to be able to talk over Skype instead of calling cards and cell phones.

Tonight, Meg and I went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant... the food was pretty good and I ended up with some leftovers for tomorrow. We each also got a rose from the waiter. : )



Then, we walked home with a little detour through the RLD since Meg had never seen it before. I thought since we lived so close to it, she should know where it's at just in case she accidentally ends up taking a shortcut through there sometime. It's a big NO-NO to take pictures in the RLD... if someone sees you, they will take your camera away (and could possibly beat you up if you are too obvious about it). I found this pic online (which is pretty tame)... just to give you an idea of what it's like. Basically, it's set up with a bunch of buildings with small rooms, each with a window in the front and red lights around the window. There is a curtain in the window that is open when the place is "open for business"; otherwise the curtain is closed.

No comments: