Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday in Delft

Saturday morning, we didn't get quite as an early start as we were hoping... probably due to the fact we didn't get in that early on Friday night. We went to Delft to check out the Delftware pottery and just walk around the city center.

Delftware is the blue pottery that is made in Deflt and other cities in the Netherlands. Every year they make a new design for the Christmas plate... this is the 2007 plate:



Here's the plate from the year I was born... yep, I'm old.



We got to walk through the actual factory where the pottery is made... there was this big cow there. So, of course, we all took pictures!



After the tour of the pottery factory, we went to the town center and walked through the Christmas market. We walked quickly through the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) because it was closing.



And then we had a stroopwafel... it's like a crunchy waffle with caramel syrup inside... it's so yummy! I'm bringing some of these home with me at Christmas time.



Saturday night, we went out to dinner at A-Fusion again for some sushi. Jonathan and his girlfriend, Becky, met us out as well. He's the one that's here from Philly for two years. We had a few drinks at a bar in the New Market area and some of us called it an early night. I did have this Belgian cherry beer at the bar, though. It's hard to see, but it says St. Louis Kriek. Gotta love those Belgian beers!

No comments: