Monday, May 26, 2008

Eric & Jolynne got hitched!

On Sunday, Eric and Jolynne got married out in Oak Brook at the Hyatt Lodge on the McDonald's campus. The area is so pretty with trees, lakes, trails, etc. It used to be a private area for employees of McD's only, but now is open to the public. The wedding was outside right by the lake around 5:30pm. The weather was sunny and warm.



After the ceremony, there was a cocktail hour outside by the lake... the guys all started drinking gin gimlets (more gin than gimlet). They looked sort of flourescent. Matt cleans up nicely! : )



The dinner/reception was inside in a ballroom. We were all seated at a table right by the dance floor. Andy made friends with Martha, our server, and she kept his glass full of champagne for most of the night. They served mushroom ravioli, a salad, lemon sorbet and steak with risotto and asparagus for dinner... I thought it was very good.

Here are a few random pics from the reception...




This little girl was one of the flower girls and she was such a cutie!


They had a live band and we all did a little dancing... well, except for Michelle who's ankle was all purple and sore from her fall the day before. : ( Colin was busting quite a few moves on the dance floor!


At midnight, they brought out McDonald's cheeseburgers for everyone... I think this saved quite a few people from a hangover the next morning! It was awesome! : )




As I was looking through my pictures today, I realized I did not get any pics of Eric & Jolynne from the wedding... I'm terrible! Maybe Michelle did...

This morning, we drove back to the West Loop and had brunch at Le Peep with the Reuters. I think I'll be doing some serious veggin' out on the couch this afternoon!

No comments: