Is it bad to already be looking forward to the weekend and it's only Wednesday? Probably. I think this may be why I feel like it's always a day later than it really is. Like last week, I thought for sure that Thursday was really Friday... makes for a disappointing Friday morning. And yesterday, I kept thinking it was Wednesday. What made it even worse was that Matt was asking me what time I had volleyball last night (which is on Wed, not Tues), so I was even more confused.
Anyway, this week, I'm taking off Friday afternoon to meet up with a couple of friends of mine from high school. One lives in St. Louis and the other in Omaha and they are coming into Chicago for the weekend. We all played basketball together back in the day... I'll have to track down a pic of that and post it later! I'm totally excited to see them and I already have tons of fun stuff planned to do!
Tonight, our volleyball team (DeezNuts) plays in the final rounds of the playoffs. We have a game at 8pm against the #1 team. If we win that, we play for the championship at 9pm. We're already at a disadvantage because Chad, Erin and Brandon won't be able to make it. Luckily, Hany is filling in for Erin... and Angie got Brian and Mark to sub for Chad and Brandon... so we may have a fighting chance. Not to be pessimistic, but even with a full team, I doubt we will make it past the first round... the #1 team has not lost a single game the entire league. They probably should be in a higher level. But it definitely would be great to take them down! Anyway, "Go Nuts!" - that's our team cheer! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment