Monday, May 26, 2008

Visit from the p's

My parents drove up from Rochester this weekend to stay a few days in Chicago. On Friday night, we all went out to Pizza D.O.C., a restaurant in Lincoln Square on Lawrence Ave. The food was really good, the service not so much.

I am such a klutz. I managed to get a big stain on my sleeve from the calamari sauce... this was only minutes after I spilled the oil and dropped the lid in my plate of oil. My mom said she always knew what I had eaten for lunch when I got home from school because there were remnants leftover on my shirt.




Back at Erin's place, we taught my dad how to play Wii... we played a quick game of bowling and I think he's hooked!

On Saturday morning, the girls all went to get our nails done while my dad and brother hung out at his house. My brother taught my dad how to play Guitar Hero, but I don't think it went over as well as the Wii bowling game. : )

Afterwards, my mom and I went shopping downtown and Erin went with the guys to pick out a new grill. My parents had brought her some awesome new patio furniture, so all she needed for a perfect bbq was a grill. We all had successful days... they found a great grill and my mom and I found some cute clothes on sale. : )

We had a bbq at Erin's place Saturday night. She did the shopping and came home with about half of Dominick's! We had salmon, tilapia, mahi-mahi, chicken and pork kebabs and turkey italian sausages... plus all the sides - potatoes, potato salad, corn on the cob, etc. and dessert - angel food cake with berries and ice cream! I had to be rolled outta there!


Since the weather was nice, we ate out on the patio... awesome!



On Sunday, we grilled out steaks and more turkey sausages and had the leftovers from the night before. I think we'll get a lot of use out of the new patio furniture and grill!

Matt and I had to head out early for Big E's wedding, so we left after lunch. I think the rest of them were going to see the new Indiana Jones movie.

No comments: