Monday, May 5, 2008

Surprise!

Saturday night, Brandon's girlfriend Angie and his parents threw a surprise 30th birthday party for him at Celtic Crown. Angie had reserved the private party room upstairs. I had never been to the bar before, but it was a really fun place.

Matt, Brett, Erin and I showed up around 6:30... there was an open bar from 6:30-7pm and then from 7-10pm, it was $30 all you can drink and eat (they had burgers, wings, fries, veggies, chips/salsa... that kind of stuff). Angie and Brandon and his parents showed up around 7:10 and he was totally surprised!



Hany and Grant were running a little late and they showed up at almost the same time as Brandon, but luckily they saw Brandon before he saw them and ran back out the way!

We hung out in the party room and met Brandon's parents and brother and a friend of his from high school.




Here's the first round of shots courtesy of Erin... the beginning of the end!


Then, we headed out to the bar area around 10pm after the party package was over and lo and behold... WILD KARAOKE was just about to start! The night just got even better. : )

At this point, I think Erin put in requests for about 50 songs, just randomly picking them as she saw ones that looked fun. The bar was crowded, but not too bad and we were able to get quite a lot of mic-time. The karaoke DJ was cool and he had quite a few rap songs (Brandon's favorite). I can't even remember all the songs we sang (or as the night went on... we screamed). I think voice quality definitely drops as the amount of alcohol in one's system increases. I think everyone took a turn (or two) on the mic...






Erin had control of my camera and took TONS of pictures, if you can't tell. We all had a really great time. Of course, we were paying for it Sunday morning.

No comments: