We went out for dinner at Cheddars in Spfld. The waitress was 'bizarro world' as Matt put it. She kept calling my wine pinto grigio instead of pinot.
We got up early on Saturday to head over to Quincy, IL for the big reunion. It was held at my dad's cousin's house, which is just outside of Quincy. This year, we got name tags. There were quite a few people there, so the name tags helped out a lot.

The weather was nice, a little warm in the sun, but nice in the shade. We played tons of games.
Some sort of ball-throwing game Erin bought... I was not so good at it.
The country version of "bags" - a box with a coffee can in it that you throw painted washers at. Matt beat me at this game. Just a little tip... don't leave the washers out in the sun - they get super hot! We had to ice them down so we could even hold them.

Bingo

Water-balloon toss - Matt & I came in third - I messed up and didn't throw it far enough so Matt couldn't catch it, the balloon hit the grass and POP! And then Matt pegged me with an extra water balloon right in the back.
Volleyball

We also played a game where everyone gets a name tag stuck on their back with a famous person's name. Then you have to do 20 questions to guess who the person is. Of course, my dad didn't quite hear the rules of the game and immediately says to Matt... hey Lance Armstrong. When my famous person name tag was put on my back, Matt started lauging and said it was perfect. So, I'm thinking it's like some dumb blonde actress or singer or something. Later, we played the 20 questions game and it turned out to be Helen Keller. Now, you may be asking why this is perfect for me... it's a long story (and probably would just embarass me considering it really just makes me seem like a complete idiot), which would not be nearly as good in words instead of live and in person. So, I'll just leave it at that.

There was a live turkey running around. Apparently, it was tame and belonged to the neighbors. It freaked me out because it would just start gobbling and coming at me for no reason. I stayed away, but Erin tried to make friends with it... always the vegetarian, I guess.

After the reunion, we all hung out at the hotel my family was staying at. We played a game of Oh Hell. Matt was winning up until the end, but he got too many "bags" and lost a bunch of points. So, I ended up winning! : ) We had a little Pizza Hut (awesome!) and then went to see Get Smart at the theater. Cute movie. According to Matt, I slept through some of it. Must have been all the wine I had at the hotel. Oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment