Friday, June 6, 2008

I heart wine

Last night, Matt & I went to the Webster Wine Bar for John & Erin's shower. The bar is right by the Webster theater. They had reserved a room upstairs... right next to a JDate function. When we walked in, we were confused a little at first because you have to walk through the JDate party to get to the other room... kind of funny. There was a guy from the bar, Graham, helping with the wine selections. They had picked 5 wines (3 whites and 2 reds) for the party and they had tons of tasty appetizers. Graham gave a talk on the 5 wines and told us some stories of his trips to other countries. Apparently, the wine bar sends it's employees on an annual wine-tasting trip to fun places. He said he had just gotten back from Germany and the Rhine River Valley where they biked, trained and boated through the wine country there. I want his job... drinking wine all the time, going on fancy trips... I think I'd be good at that! : )

I had never been to that bar before, but it was pretty cool (and the guys said the 'talent' wasn't too bad either). I think my favorite wine of the night was the Cava, a sparkling white wine from Spain. It was very summer-y and light.

No comments: