So, it's Thursday and this has been the longest week ever. But, since I really have nothing exciting to tell you, unless it's about the forecasts I've been running all week and how my eyes are crossing from looking at so many tiny numbers... I'll just list a few random notes.
* Today, in my building, a guy got out of the elevator on the floor below me (he works for my same company, but I didn't recognize him). While the doors were still open, the rest of us left in the elevator watched him use his security card to open the door to the floor. The funniest thing was right as he got off the elevator, he let out this HUGE sigh and dropped his head, slumped his body and made a totally dramatic effort to touch his security card to the sensor to unlock the door. It was like he was 5 yrs old and going to the dentist and forcing himself to open the door and go in. I was half expecting him to lie down on the floor and throw a fit or something! I know we've all been there, where the last place on earth you want to be is at work, but this was just comical. I think this dude needs a Friday really soon!
* Yesterday, on my way to work, I passed this girl on the street corner at Washington & Wacker and she had one of those huge signs on her that said "Why lie? I need a job!" and she was handing out resumes like they were coupons to McDonald's or something. Underneath the big sign, she had on a business suit. I heard her asking people "are you hiring?". Interesting approach... I wonder how many emails she got from random freaks that took her resume, though.
* On Monday, I almost forgot about the Bachelorette being on tv. Matt made it back from Indy right as the second half of the show was starting and he reminded me. Actually, he didn't like what I was watching, so he was getting ready to flip around and he saw that the Bachelorette was on tv and said he couldn't believe I wasn't watching it. Me either! I think it's between Jason and Graham as to who she's going to pick. At least, I hope it's not Jeremy. Graham is starting to grow on me more. Next week, she gets to meet the families. I wonder if anyone will pull something like what happened on the Bachelor London Calling... that was a riot. One of the girls hired actors to be her parents when the bachelor came to visit. The "mom" hit on the bachelor and made all kinds of uncomfortable conversation. He was definitely squirming.
* The other day, I got an email from LinkedIn from a guy I dated right after I got out of college in St. Louis... over 10 years ago. He and I dated for like 3 months and it definitely wasn't serious to me. It was a little more serious to him (he was a few years older than me), which is why it didn't last long. Anyway, he sends me this request to be in his LinkedIn network. On a side note, I didn't even realize I was on LinkedIn to tell you the truth and I don't know all that much about it... but basically, I think it's like a professional Facebook. So, you have contacts you can use for business purposes, jobs, networking, etc. ANYWAY, apparently, this guy has been holding quite a grudge against me and our failed relationship, because he writes to me that he thinks I'm "a complete and total bitch", but that he "would still like me to join his professional network" and that "maybe we can get along professionally". Seriously??? Why would I want to join his "network" after that? What kind of person thinks that that is a good lead-in to getting someone to work with you professionally - um yeah, I'll call her a bitch, that'll work? Geesh... must I remind him that we dated for like 3 months over 10 years ago! And what does he need a (pseudo) retirement actuary for anyway? Nothing... except to get something off his chest. I'm half tempted to write him back and say "Feel better now?" or "Hold a grudge much?"... but I'm just going to ignore the whole thing.
Well, that's all I got for now. Back to those tiny numbers.
1 comment:
You are a better person than I. I would totally write something sarcastic back to that dude.
Post a Comment