Monday, June 16, 2008

Jam packed

My weekend felt more like four days than just a couple... even though it was really relaxing and nice to get away from the city, it seems like we were constantly busy.

On Friday night, I met up with Erin and we went to the nail salon by our house and got manicures/pedicures and then hit the Daily Bar & Grill for dinner. I ordered a total comfort food dinner, so after the combination of mani/pedi (which on it's own always puts me to sleep) and the big dinner... I was really wiped out!

On Saturday morning, I got up early(-ish) and drove to Peru, Indiana to meet up with Matt. I went straight to the Bontragers' house. They had made an awesome lunch, which was great because I was totally starving. After lunch, we headed to the Peru Municipal Golf Course. This is where Matt worked throughout high school and on his college summer breaks.



We played 9 holes of golf... my goal was to get under 10 on a hole. Yep, I'm pretty awful. I almost did it on the last hole, but of course, Matt gave me a "pep talk" right before my putt and it totally made me choke. So, alas... another 10.

A couple of action shots

After the golf, we headed back to the Bontragers' to clean up and got on the road to Indianapolis. We stopped off in Kokomo at Elder-Beerman to pick up a gift for Ruby Jane. Matt found some good deals on summer clothes (my mom would be proud). We found a cute little frog outfit and a green summer dress with a hat for Ruby. The hat looked super cute on her... but I think she was more impressed with the box! : )



A couple other pics that Jenn took.

Ruby and me


And Ruby in her outfit we bought her


We hung out with Ryan & Jen and Pat & Courtney on Sat night. Ryan grilled out chicken and Jen made mac-n-cheese and salad... all very good. We sat outside by the firepit drinking and chatting after dinner until we were all falling asleep. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of all of us from the night.

On Sunday, we got up and again sat outside and enjoyed the nice sunny weather. Matt and I decided to do a little shopping in Indianapolis before heading back to Peru. We went to Clay Terrace and grabbed lunch at Red Robin. They have free refills on steak fries... interesting concept, but our sandwiches were so huge, we barely finished the fries on our plates. After that, we walked around the outdoor mall and stopped in a few shops. Matt found some more shorts and I found some shoes... because I don't have enough already! I swear... I'm beginning to give Imelda Marcos a run for her money.

After the shopping, we went back to Peru... quickest trip ever (it helped that I totally passed out between Kokomo and Peru).

Again, we went to the golf course to play a few more holes. This time, I actually got a few 9's, but no 8's. It's a slow process.

Matt played a hole with his old JV b-ball coach/math teacher and his golf coach.



We played a few more holes with his golf coach and then the lightening started and the sky turned a nice shade of black... time to call it a day.



We ordered a pizza from Pizza King and went back to the Bontragers' for the night. There was a crazy storm with tons of high winds and rain. I was worried the windows were going to break in! This is why I decided to stay in Indy for the night instead of driving back to Chicago. I came back this morning (Monday) instead.

No comments: