Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not much going on this week so far...

After that nice walk outside on Sunday, we came back to Matt's place and relaxed on the couch. He had to meet up with the interns for another "welcome" dinner since the remaining interns now moved into the apartments. Within the few hours that he was gone, my sunburn totally appeared and it was awful. I thought I was being all smart and moving my purse strap from side to side while we were walking, but when it's in the same place each time you move it back and forth, it doesn't really work. So, I have a big white X on me plus the lines from the straps from my shirt. And it hurts still today. Nice!

Monday night, I decided to cook and it went less than stellar. I made my version of chicken parm, but I may have added a little too much garlic. Well, at least, the chicken that Matt had was a little garlic-y. That, in combination with the garlic in the pasta sauce was over the top. I think Matt was burping garlic until the next morning. Strangely, I was ok, though. Sorry, man.

We watched The Bachelorette on Monday night. I'm glad DeAnna sent those two guys home... one was too young and the other was a weirdo. What was with that guy Ron - "a case of the DeAnna's"?!? Who says that? He gave me the creeps. Something about Jeremy gives me the creeps, too, but I can't quite figure it out yet. I like Jason because he seems like a nice guy and the whole thing with the kid and the star was really sweet. I hate getting hooked on these stupid shows... now I'm going to have to keep watching it!

Matt and I are going to a couples shower on Thursday night for some friends we work with that are getting married. The theme is "stock the bar", but not with alcohol. Basically, everyone brings some sort of bar glasses from the registry. I actually think this is a pretty cool idea. I looked and the selection is getting low already! I saw that they have these Waterford crystal glasses for $80 a glass. How weird is it to show up with just one glass? I don't know, but if that's all that's left, I may be doing it. I'm heading to Macy's today to check it out.

Ok, that's all I got for now... just rambling on about nothing much. Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

ahow628 said...

That DeAnna chick is just awful. I find her to be the most unengaging personality to grace the television in awhile. We ended up turning it off after she started kissing every single guy. Do the guys realize that unless they are the first to kiss her after she showers, they are making out with all the other dudes? Gross.